Surprise your family tonight with a fun spin on a classic dinner!
1-tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-tbsp minced garlic
1 14oz can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
1 onion coarsely chopped
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 bag of your favorite Dippin’ Chips flavor (recipe used Super Grains)
1 (3 lb.) boneless chuck roast trimmed
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
4 bay leaves
4 sprigs fresh thyme
8 whole carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into in half pieces
8 brussel sprouts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired for taste
Preheat the oven to 350 º degrees
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
2. Cook roast on pan browning them on all side for 5 minutes on all sides. Remove roast from pan.
3. Place roast in a roasting pan, add thyme sprigs, minced garlic, onions, bay leafs, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and cover pan. Bake for 2 hours or until the roast is almost tender.
4. Add carrots and potatoes to pan. Cover and bake an additional 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leafs from pan and discard.
5. Carve meat with knife and fork. Place a small thin slice of roast onto the Dippin’ Chips flavor of your choice. Garnish with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid. Serve hot and enjoy!