Looking for a dip that’s sweet, savory, healthy and light at the same time? Look no further! This is so, so good…
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 medium to large purple onion, finely diced
2 large eggplants, cut into 1/4 inch rounds (skin on)
2 bags of your favorite Dippin’ Chips flavor (recipe used Super Grains)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (used to drizzle over eggplant rounds)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (used to sauté onions and garlic)
5 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt + ground pepper
Optional: A pinch of cayenne pepper for extra spice
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Lightly sprinkle the eggplant rounds with salt on both sides, then arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
2. Remove eggplant rounds from pan and set aside to cool.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Turn heat to low and stir in onions and garlic for about 8-10 minutes or until caramelized. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine onion-garlic mixture and Greek yogurt. Stir well.
5. Peel away the skin of the eggplant and add into a mixing bowl. It should be soft and tender. Mash with a fork. Combine well and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Optional: Add a pinch of cayenne for flavor).
6. Serve immediately with your favorite Dippin’ Chips flavor and enjoy!
7. Refrigerate and cover remaining dip for an additional couple of days.